The Manitoba Financial Services Agency (MFSA) is committed to respecting privacy and protecting personal information. We collect personal information according to section 36(1)(b) of The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, C.C.S.M. c. F175 (“FIPPA”) and our mandate under the provincial laws we administer, such as The Securities Act, The Commodity Futures Act, The Real Estate Brokers Act, The Mortgage Brokers Act, The Insurance Act, The Credit Unions and Caisse Populaires Act, The Cooperatives Act, The Corporations Act, Part XXIV.(“The Acts”); and our internal policies, rules, regulations, directives and procedures. MFSA limits its collection of personal information to that which is needed to provide you with the services or products you have requested. Collection will only take place with your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information to Provide Requested Services
Any personal information that you provide through this website is collected in compliance with FIPPA. The personal information that you provide will be used only for the purpose(s) for which it is collected, unless you consent or we are authorized to do so by FIPPA.
If you wish to join our newsletter mailing list or have a brochure or other publication mailed to you, we will request your name and address. By providing this information to MFSA, you consent to its collection. Personal information is information that can be used to identify a specific individual. It may include, but is not limited to, an individual’s name, home address, email address, or phone number. We also collect personal information from individuals in the following cases:
- when individuals use the Contact Us feature on our website in order to respond to their requests;
- when individuals file a complaint with MFSA in order to respond to their concerns;
- when individuals use the Subscribe feature on our website in order to receive emails with information on various topics;
- when we receive requests for information on our voluntary programs and services designed to benefit individuals such as investor education; and
- in such other cases as permitted or required by applicable law
If you do provide MFSA with your personal information, either through our website, or through any other means, it will only be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- for the purpose of administering The Acts;
- for such other purpose as you are informed of at the time of collection; or,
- in accordance with FIPPA, or as permitted by applicable law.
If you have questions concerning the collection of personal information on this page, please contact Jason Booth, Web Administrator by email – Jason.email@example.com;
by telephone – at (204) 945-1660.If you have any general questions about Manitoba’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, please visit the FIPPA website.
Collection and Use of Other Information
Other information that may be collected from visitors to our website includes:
- internet Protocol (IP) addresses from computers that access our website identifies your computer; or your internet domain name, for e.g., anycompany.com. This information may identify you, depending upon the “naming standards” used by your internet service provider;
- date and time the website is accessed;
- pages visited on the website;
- URL of the resource that referred the visitor to the website; and
- content downloaded from the website.
We use Google Analytics to provide users with relevant information and to enhance their online experience. Through these applications, Google may collect personal and other information, including users’ IP addresses. For additional information on how Google collects and stores personal and non-personal information, please refer to Google’s Privacy Centre and Google’s Privacy FAQ.
You have the option to decline providing personal or other information. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of all the features available on our website and prevent personalized services from being provided.
MFSA will protect your personal information by making reasonable security arrangements against such risks as unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure or disposal. Security measures have been integrated into the design, implementation and day-to-day operating practices as part of MFSA’s continuing commitment to the protection of personal information it holds.
Links to External Websites
Links to websites not under MFSA’s control, including those to our social media accounts, are provided for convenience only. When an individual clicks on one of these links, that individual will leave the MFSA website and enter the other website. MFSA is not responsible for the information or the accuracy, currency, or reliability of the content on these sites. MFSA does not endorse the sites or their content.
Questions or Removal from Mailing List
If you have any questions about our collection of information about you, or if you wish to have your name removed from our mailing list, please contact our Web Administrator:
- in person or by mail – at 500-400 St. Mary Avenue, R3C 4K5; Attn.: Jason Booth, Web Administrator
- by email – firstname.lastname@example.org;
- by telephone – at (204) 945-1660; or
- by fax – (204) 945-0330.