Investing for Beginners
- Investing Basics: Getting Started
- Check before you Invest
- Understanding Registration
- Working with a Financial Adviser
- Questions to ask when Choosing a Financial Adviser
- When Your Adviser Calls: Take Notes!
- Investments 101
- Sandwich Generation: Are you caught in the middle
- Investing in your Child’s Future – The Basics of RESPs
- Investments at a Glance
- Understanding Mutual Funds
- Understanding Initial Coin Offerings
- Types of Crowdfunding
- Risks of Crowdfunding
- Cryptocurrency: Understand the Risks
- Start-up Crowdfunding Guide for Investors
- Adviser Visit Checklist
- Investor’s guide: Cryptocurrencies
- Identifying and Preventing Financial Abuse: A Guide for Older Manitobans
- The ABCs of Senior Investment Fraud
- Financial Concerns Checklist
- My Personal Affairs Record Keeper
- You’re My Trusted Contact Person
Scams and Fraud
- Protect Your Money: Avoiding Frauds and Scams
- A Losing Bet: Binary Options Fraud in Canada
- Protect Yourself from Binary Options Scams
- Be Cautious of Cryptocurrency
- Be Wary of Initial Coin Offerings
- Boiler Room Scams: Could you be Vulnerable
- Scam Artists pursue Adults Over 50
- Investment Fraud on the Internet
- Don’t Become a Victim of Fraud
- Fraud Prevention Checklist
- Make it Count: A Parent’s Guide to Youth Money Management
- Make it Count: An Instructor’s Guide to Youth Money Management
- I’m Worth It: Financial Stories, Strategies, and Ideas for Women
Manitoba’s Real estate Services Act
Choosing Your Trusted Contact Person
Facebook Live Events:
Protecting Your Family From Fraud :MSC and the Winnipeg Police Service
Navigating a “Hot” Seller’s Market in Manitoba, presented by the MFSA and MoneySmart Manitoba
Senior Financial Abuse: Detection, Prevention and Resolution
See more videos:
Financial Literacy: A Family Affair
Saving for education with RESPs
The Facts about Property Disclosure Statements
Why you should buy tenant insurance
MoneySmart Tools & Calculators
These personal finance calculators will help you assess your current situation and see if you’re on track to meet important goals.
The Budget Calculator is designed to help you understand where your money is going and determine how much you can put towards your goals.
Financial Goals Calculator
The Financial Goal Calculator is designed to help you manage your debt and reach your savings goals.
This calculator determines your mortgage payment and provides you with a mortgage payment schedule. The calculator also shows how much money and how many years you can save by making prepayments.
Mortgage Qualifier Tool
This calculator helps you determine whether or not you can qualify for a home mortgage based on income and expenses.
Credit Card Calculator
Compare features for different credit cards, including interest rates, annual fees and rewards. Find the credit card that best suits your needs.
Retirement Income Calculator
The Canadian Retirement Income Calculator will provide you with retirement income information, including the Old Age Security (OAS) pension and Canada Pension Plan (CPP) retirement benefits.